A List Of Exciting Essay Writing Topics About India
Okay, so you have been tasked with writing an essay about India, but you haven’t a clue how to choose a topic that will set you apart from the crowd and hasn’t already been done to death. You are not alone in your fears. “India” is such a vast topic to cover both in terms of its history and its political significance that it is hardly any wonder that you are scratching your head in bewilderment.
Hopefully my list of exciting topics will give you the inspiration that you need to get started:
- The caste system in India is archaic and unfair, would abolishing it make any real difference or are the cultural differences to deeply rooted to be changed?
- Despite attempts to abolish the dowry system in India it still prevails, particularly in the Northern region of the country. What more if anything can be done to prevent this unfair burden on the parents of the bride? Are there every circumstances when a dowry could be used to the benefit of all concerned?
- Explore the similarities and differences between modern day Indian culture and modern-day Western cultures.
- There has been an alarming increase in the number of gang rapes in India in recent years. Explore the conditions that make it seemingly acceptable for men to treat women in this way. Why is Indian culture still so misogynist?
- Look at the standards of living in modern day Bangalore and compare it to the standard of living in a major American city. How does the Rupee compare against the dollar?
- Look at the history of the East India Company 1757-1858, and the impact that British colonialism had on India.
- Would India be more successful if it were still a British colony?
- Examine whether the British influence still remains in parts of India, a how this affects the modern day Indian male.
- Examine the Indo-US Civilian Nuclear Agreement that was orchestrated by George W. Bush and Manmohan Singh in 2005. How does this impact upon the nuclear situation in India a decade down the line.
- The judiciary system in India often comes under the spotlight for corruption allegations. Are these allegations fair, or not?
- Look at the life and background of Kailash Satyarthi, joint winner of the Nobel Peace prize in 2014 with Malala Yousafzai.